Friday, March 14, 2008

Worldly Appeal.

My good friend Amrit sent me an article about Zingerman, a food franchise in Ann Harbor, Michigan, that gets more business outside than in.

I'd love to visit Ann Harbor. I was even considering going to the University of Michigan for their renown musical theater department.

While I would enjoy their Italian olive oils, European cheeses, and French vinegars, I could only continue to think of the transportation costs.

I don't know if mainstream America is ready for the concept of a sustainable restaurant, nonetheless a sustainable food system - seasonal crops, local foods, and a non-additives menu. As I do look forward to summer tomatoes, I'm not too sure if In-N-Out is. Do I see them putting up a sign mid-October saying, "No tomatoes until May"?

No comments: