Monday, February 25, 2008

Coming down to the wire.

Now that I've completed my literature reviews and organized background sources, it's time to get on the road and interview!

Here's a sample e-mail I wrote recently.:

"Salutations,

My name is Hai Vo, and I am an undergraduate student at UC Irvine. My class project this quarter involves researching food sourcing on campus and the effects of sustainable agriculture. Seeing that Tanaka Farms is a local community resource, I would love to interview someone from the farm to better understand your history, operations, and possible future connections to UCI.

Due to a time-sensitive deadline for my project, an interview and tour of your farm within the next week would be greatly appreciated. My availability this week is:

Tuesday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., 2:30 - 5 p.m.
Thursday 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Monday (March 3rd) 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.

I can be reached at *** *** ****.

Thank you very much, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers,
Hai Vo
UC Irvine"

X 4.

No comments: