Wednesday, April 4, 2012

44 năm, 44 años, 44 years

Source: misslolasays.com

The first challenge in honoring the life of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. is to keep it real.  I'm fortunate because some of my colleagues actually knew him as a young man and worked closely with him until his death.  They tell me that King as a young man loved to have a good time.  He loved soul food: red beans and rice, greens and ham hocks and pigs' feet.

Joy Bennet Kinnon

I choose to identify with the underprivileged.  I choose to identify with the poor.  I choose to give my life for the hungry.  I choose to give my life for those who have been left out of the sunlight of opportunity.  I choose to live for those who find themselves seeing life as a long and desolate corridor with no exit sign.  This is the way I'm doing.  If it means suffering a little bit, I'm going that way.  If it means sacrificing, I'm going that way. If it means dying for them, I'm going that way, because I heard of voice saying, "Do something for others."

Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments: