Monday, April 16, 2012

Food Justice Movement: Time to Take it Up a Notch, yo.


I've been quiet for a bit of time now.  The last few seasons have been transformational for me, lots of growing and learning happening.  Since the #foodandfreedom rides, I've spent more of my time opening my ears to what's been happening in the food justice/sovereignty movement, especially among youth my age and younger.  It's starting to boil, and I can feel it.

I've been realizing moreso these days that my response to this growing movement, while I continue to help grow food and others leaders, is best communicated in more artistic forms: poetry, video, drawings, theatre, writing, storytelling, etc.  It's my thing, what I do, my itch, what gets me through the day.

So to the youth food movement: it's time to take it up a notch, with some more artistic flair.  Who's in?

A preview:


No comments: